Sometimes life gets in the way of regular treatments and good skin habits. Smack yourself on the back of the hand, and do these 5 tips INSTANTLY to get you back in the zone.
- Drink a glass of water (extra points for a squeeze of lemon to stimulate digestion!). Your skin is your body’s largest organ and adequate hydration allows it to do its job protecting and detoxing your system
- Give your glasses, mobile phone and hands a quick clean. Think about how often you place your phone against the side of your face, your hand resting on your jawline or your glasses on your nose – Now think about how much makeup, oil and bacteria they must pick up throughout the day! A quick wipe down is an effortless way to prevent breakouts in these annoying spots.
- Take 5 minutes to breathe. We KNOW stress and anxiety affects the skin, but getting your levels down doesn’t have to be a weekend retreat. Try downloading a guided meditation, or simply try the 4 – 7 – 8 breathing technique – Breathe in for 4 seconds, hold for 7, and exhale for 8. It might feel tricky at first, but practice makes perfect and helps to lower your heart rate, clear your mind, and practice mindful breathing in the future.
- Add something green to your next meal. We can prescribe you the best skincare for your issues, but your best results will ALWAYS happen when your skincare is in line with your diet! Nutrients feed your skin from the inside, and encourage cell renewal and radiance. Look out for nutrient dense foods like spinach, kale and collard greens for a plethora of vitamins, minerals and protein. Think a huge salad, or a green juice!
- Turn your air conditioner off! Nevermind just saving on your electricity bills – Central heating and reverse cycle air conditioners can dry out your skin as they remove moisture from the air. Dress cosy in the cold, or try a fan in the heat. If you’re working in an office where you can’t control it, make sure you’re sipping water throughout the day (Its number 1 for a reason!) and using a good quality moisturizer to protect that precious barrier.